Will Writing – Solicitors in Gosforth Serving Newcastle upon Tyne, the North East and Nationally
The prospect of making a Will may seem daunting but it is one of the most important documents you can make: it’s not only a matter of who will inherit but who will look after the children and make sure that it is all done properly. We can understand this may not be matters we want to talk about but it is essential that a Will is clear in its intentions, so as to avoid future confusion. While it is therefore possible to draft the document yourself, it is sensible to have your Will professionally prepared.
At Birch & Co we have Specialist Solicitors who understand how difficult talking about such matters can be. As a result you can be sure we will deal with you in a sensitive and friendly manner, all the while ensuring a professional and efficient service is given.
Our specialist private client solicitor Rebecca Griffiths is a member of the Society of Estate Practitioners, a worldwide professional association for those advising families across generations.
DISCOVER YOUR FIXED PRICE QUOTATION NOW
We are based in Gosforth with parking facilities and we strongly recommend that you contact us as soon as you start to consider the gift so that we can help guide you further. We can save you a lot of money and stress.
We have a 5 star rating on Google for the quality of our service and 99% of our clients are completely satisfied and would recommend Birch & Co to others. Please read some of our current clients’ Testimonials below of what they think of us. We hope that you feel the same way once we have looked after you.
We usually spend around 1 hour at an initial appointment where we will talk about the following issues, which ought to be considered whenever a Will is made or being updated:
- what does your estate consist of, as in WHAT ASSETS DO YOU OWN (which includes property / investments held in your sole name and any interests you own together with others) and what debts do you have? This helps you focus on what you have available for people to inherit. We can also consider if there are any inheritance tax issues for your estate;
- WHO DO YOU WANT TO BENEFIT from your estate, as in who are going to be your beneficiaries? This may be in terms of a specific gift such as an item of jewellery or family heirloom, or a set amount cash to an individual or a charity;
- WHO DO YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH YOUR ESTATE? This person is called an Executor and they will be responsible for establishing what your estate consists of, collecting in all assets to pay all debts, dealing with HMRC and any tax issues, and ultimately distributing to your chosen beneficiaries;
- if you have MINOR CHILDREN, who do you want to look after them in the event of them being orphaned? These GUARDIANS will have the day to day care of the children.
- If you have children or are incorporating any form of trust in to your will, who do you want to appoint to be your TRUSTEE(S)?
Any work undertaken by Rebecca will comply with the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners’ Code for Will Preparation. You may view a copy of the Code online but please let us know if you would like a printed copy.
Essentially in England & Wales you are free to appoint whoever you want as executor (provided they are over the age of 18 years) and beneficiary but you should be aware that claims can be brought against your estate if certain people are excluded.
“Outstanding. I was impressed with the whole team at Birch & Co, from my initial phone call through to the completion of my documents. A truly professional company”
“Rebecca, who did the wills for us, explained everything in great detail, listened to what we wanted and advised us. She came up with things were had not even considered and was able to deal with a sensitive issue in a way that has ensured our wishes should be met without any upset being caused. Thank you for a professional job carried out in a personal manner. Excellent”
FREE INITIAL ENQUIRY & OUR FIXED FEES
We are happy to provide you with a free, no obligation quotation for our will services.
We charge a fixed fee for all of our will services but the initial enquiry to discover what the cost will be for your sale or purchase is free of charge.
Make A Free Enquiry
Alternatively, you can read more about our pricing here:>>